Article 7 - Responsibilities of the Depositary
- The original of this Protocol shall be deposited with the Government of New Zealand, which shall notify all signatories to the Agreement, all States acceding to the Agreement, and all APEC member economies which have agreed to be bound by the Agreement in accordance with the Annex to the Agreement of:
- expressions of consent to be bound by this Protocol and any amendments in accordance with Article 3, paragraphs 2 and 4 and Article 6, and instruments of APEC member economies indicating their agreement to be bound by this Protocol in accordance with paragraph 3 of Article 3 or their acceptance of any amendments in accordance with Article 6;
- the respective dates on which the Protocol enters into force in accordance with paragraphs 1, 2 and 5 of Article 4, and the respective dates on which the rights and obligations described in paragraph 6 of Article 4 become effective following the deposit of written instruments by APEC member economies pursuant to paragraph 3 of Article 3;
- reservations and written indications concerning paragraph (b) of Article 2 made pursuant to paragraph 5 of Article 3, and notifications regarding the reciprocal application of such reservations or indications pursuant to paragraph 6(a) of Article 3;
- notifications regarding non-application of the Protocol received in accordance with paragraph 6(b) of Article 3 or paragraph 4 of Article 4;
- the convening of negotiations to consider amendments in accordance with Article 6;
- the respective dates on which an amendment enters into force in accordance with Article 6; and
- notifications of withdrawal received in accordance with paragraph 1 of Article 5.
- Following entry into force of this Protocol, the Depositary shall transmit a certified true copy of this Protocol to the Secretary General of the United Nations for registration and publication in accordance with Article 102 of the Charter of the United Nations and to the Secretary General of the International Civil Aviation Organization in accordance with Article 83 of the Convention. The Depositary shall likewise transmit certified true copies of any amendments which enter into force.